Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No Longer A Gentleman by Mary Jo Putney

  Lord Wyndham, Greydon Sommers, never dreamed that his dalliance would cause him to lose ten years of his life.  He spent those ten years in a dungeon, alone and barely hanging on to sanity.  Determined to keep himself from going completely mad, he worked out and sang.  When he'd all but given up hope of ever seeing England again, Cassie enters his life.  A spy working for his friend Kirkland, she was sent to check out information that he was still alive.  She caught just the right time too, because the master of the castle was gone and his staff gravely ill.  Cassie swoops in and rescues Grey.  During their time together, they fall in love, but because Cassie believes she is not up to Grey's standards, she walks away. Then things change. 


This book was fun, romantic and sexy.  I enjoyed the fact that the female lead got to be the hero in this book. She certainly deserved it.  I think more books should use the female lead as the hero.  The story behind this one isn't a common boy-meets-girls story. It includes some very  forward thinking for the time period.  I know you'll want to spend a weekend with this book.  It takes you on a trip to the past but includes some intrigue.  This is a must have book.


I didn't find anything wrong with this one.


I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because of it's forward thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment