Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Shadow of a Distant Morning by William Topek

   Devlin Caine is a man of many talents.  He's a veteran and a former employee of the Pinkerton Agency. Now, he's a private detective.  Caine's newest job could land him in hot water with the wrong people if he isn't careful.  He's supposed to check out a man who wants to be business partners with one of Kansas City's elite.  Seems simple enough, but appearances can be deceiving.  While doing his investigative work, he stumbles on a notebook. It seems to be in code and everyone wants it. They will stop at nothing to get it.  His client, another of KC's wealthy crowd and an underworld boss all want the notebook.  The question is, what is exactly in this notebook and why are people dying for it?


    This old fashioned detective novel is a throw back to the days of black and white movies.  Romance, intrigue, murder but all PG rated. This book puts you in the place, Kansas City, and makes you feel as though you are a passenger on this 1930's ride.  I loved the characters, well developed and easy to enjoy. The story is well written and details are amazing.  I'm sure you'll enjoy this book too. It's one that could easily have it's own television show or movie.


   I found no issues with this one.


   I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because it is a great book.

2 comments:

  1. oh i love old dime store detective novels..adding this one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This author is terrific at pulling you right back to that era. He has a new one coming out soon too that's part of the series.

    ReplyDelete