Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Diary of a Mummy Misfit by Amanda Egan

   Libby's diary is a busy place. She's worried that her son Max won't make the cut at Manor House Prep School.  She and her husband, Ned, decided Max should attend a school where they know he'll get a great education. While they both know the cost will dip into their finances deeply, they are prepared to deal with it.  Once Libby gets the confirmation that Max was accepted at the  prep school, her diary and her life become even busier than before.  Libby works hard at being a wonderful mother, wife and neighbor. She cooks and bakes from scratch and does all the things she should.  Now her challenge is to fit in with the new school's Mums. It seems as though everything begins to happen at once in Libby's life and she is always busy with something. Libby immediately becomes friends with parents of another new student. They are wealthy but so much fun and down to earth. Every day with this school there seems to be a new challenge to handle. Libby's up to it, at least she hopes she is.  If not, her new friend is there to help her.


     Humor, romance, love and fun are all part of Diary of a Mummy Misfit. If you've ever felt like you didn't quite fit in with the Mothers at your children's school, you'll love this book.  The adventure Libby takes with a new school, new rules, new friends and a four-year-old who seems years beyond his age, is one you will laugh out loud about.  I found the writing delightful and the characters to real to be called characters.  This book should be given to all new Mothers around the world to help prepare for the school years.  If you are a mother, you need this book. It will help you see the humor in what happens with school fundraisers and fairs. I highly recommend this book to everyone.


   I didn't find any issues.


   I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because I laughed so hard I felt like I was right there with Libby.

No comments:

Post a Comment