Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Long Gone by Thomas Bryant

  Sammy Page has it all. A beautiful home. A gorgeous wife and a lovely daughter. His life couldn't be any better.  Except appearances can be deceiving.  Sammy learned from a young age how to get what he wanted by stealing it.  His mentor had a chop shop and put Sammy to work young teaching him the rules of the game.  Then, Sammy takes one job to many. He knows the job is dangerous but it's too good to pass up. Sammy thinks he's figured out every angle, but there is always a chance something will go wrong.  Sammy gets caught and ends up in jail. What unravels from there is something he never thought would happen.  Sammy is sure he's lost it all. His life, his family and his business. 

  This book gives a scary accurate account of  car theft and what happens to people inside jail.  The story keeps you enthralled while working it's way through some really tight spots.  The characters remind you of people in your neighborhood.  You'll enjoy the action in this book, but some of what takes place in jail/prison may surprise some.  I recommend this book to anyone.  

    The only issue I found was it does drag in spots. The action needs to be spread out more.

     I gave this one 4 out of 5 books because of the dragging. 

1 comment:

  1. Spot on with this write-up, I actually believe that this site needs a lot more attention.
    I'll probably be back again to read through more, thanks for the advice!
    my site: hostwinds terms of service

    ReplyDelete