Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Grishma by Kelly Anne Blount

       Ryder was very happy on Necoh.  His life was wonderful until Grishma kidnapped his mother and sister.  Trying to save them, Ryder's father was killed. It was then Ryder vowed to get revenge on Grishma. He tracked Grishma wherever she went, even to another world.  In this world, he met Brooklyn.  A very pretty young girl who was in love with another guy.  While attempting to save Brooklyn, Ryder takes her to his world and things go from bad to worse.  Can they survive this? 

     Ms Blount created a wonderfully vibrant and unique world with Grishma.  Characters you can't help but enjoy.  The twists in this fantasy are just enough to keep you moving through the book at a fast pace.  I recommend this book to all YAs.  

      I did find some issues. I felt there was some real overstating emotions and actions. The emotions formed a wider arc than needed for this story.  I also don't believe these characters would have cursed so much. I got the feeling they had surpassed such a basic way of speaking.  

     I gave this book 4 cheers out of 5 because it will make a wonderful series if the above issues are addressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment