Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Light by Robert Hammond

     Abel Adams is one of the very few black kids in Eden Valley, California.  His father was the only black professor at the University.   Abel never really felt he fit in, not with the blacks and not with the whites.  He did try though. Abel had the misfortune of living in a time when drugs were really becoming an issue. Eventually he began using drugs and drinking alcohol.  It went from bad to worse.  The only thing constant in Abel's life was the feeling there was a higher power.  No matter how bad things got, Abel kept his heart and mind open to the higher power. 

     This book is one you will enjoy for several reasons. The least of which is the search Abel makes to discover what his beliefs really are.  The writing is superb!  Parts of this book are dark and discuss very basic needs and desires.  It's mystical and enlightening.  You may not enjoy the path Abel takes to get his enlightenment but you will see and understand how he reaches his final decision.  For some this book might be a bit deep and philosophical but hang in there, I promise you'll love it.

      I found no issues.

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 simply because of the depth of the subject. Some may not be able to follow easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment