Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Bourbon & Blood: A Crime Fiction Thriller by Garrard Hayes

     Bill Conlin has just left the military after a tour in Afghanistan.  He spends time with his cousin Jimmy and trying to figure out what to do with his life next.  Jimmy keeps encouraging Bill to talk to his boss. Bill isn't sure that's what he wants.               Eventually, he does meet with Mr. Sullivan and begins to work for him.  About this time, Bill also met Dana. She was sassy and beautiful.  He knew he wanted her in his life forever.  It seemed however, working for Mr. Sullivan took more of Bill's time than he imagined it would.  
      Before long, Bill finds out nothing is as it seems. He needs to be on his guard at all times.  This is a war of a different kind.  

     When you begin this book, it has the feel of an  old black and white movie.  Each page pulls you in deeper and deeper. You'll feel as though you are there witnessing it in person.  My breath was taken away by the writing of this book.  Everything just flows so well. The characters are terrific.   I found it impossible to put this book down.  I was rooting for Bill and Dana throughout.  This is one book you will read again and again.  

      I found no issues with this one.

      I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it is wonderful.  It's graphic but wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment