Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

I Couldn't Lay In The Bed They Made: A Memoir of A Child Bride by Kimberly J. Biller

     John and Jane married young. They were both escaping abusive homes.  They lived in Tennessee and set up a house of horrors for their children.  Little money, little to no food and no warm loving environment.  These two emotionally crippled people become parents to  several children.  The children don't even have the basic tools to get through life.  They will go on to make some horrible decisions that will affect them the rest of their lives.

     This book really broke my heart. I felt the humiliation and violence in my bones.  It takes us through the entire life of one of the daughters.  You will learn what true horror can be.  Ms. Biller doesn't hold back. She explains it all.  Such courage doesn't come easily. 

    I found no issues in this one.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it's very honest and straightforward.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment