Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

New Sight by JO Schneider

     Lysandra Blake is sixteen and has a desire to pluck people's eyes out of their head.  No one knows why she has this compulsion.  Doctors have no answers.  The best guess is she'd been exposed to a drug called Pop.  Lysandra just wants the desire to stop.  She injured her own mother and can't look at anyone without the overwhelming desire taking over.  Then a doctor approaches her father and tells him he can help her.  He does some brief tests and decides to take Lysandra to his facility.  Once there she meets others who have different desires that can be as destructive as hers.  The difference is, one of them understands why they have these desires.  It's going to take a very long time to get this all under control.

     WOW is all I can say.  Ms Schneider writes a solid plot and introduces characters who appeal to everyone.  I was a little creeped out by  the plucking eyes thing, but once you get past it, you will settle into a book that sweeps you away.  I felt the fear and the anxiety these teens felt. I could imagine what it would be like to constantly be in fear.  I can't wait to read more about these industrious teens.

     I found no issues here.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment