Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

One Street Over by Kimberly J Biller

     Ten year old Sissy was tired of her family moving around a lot.  She knew the reasons behind it but still, it wasn't fun.  She knew most of the people in the area and had a couple friends she spent time with.  It was difficult to find ways to occupy herself so she wasn't around when her parents fought.  A child of the south, Sissy was expected to help around the house and she did.  Sissy just wants a warm loving home with parents who don't fight. Can she get it?

     This story is so very sad.  The young girl would do anything to have a peaceful home.   So sweet and kind, I just wanted to hug this little one.  You'll enjoy the story told from Sissy's point of view.  It's well written and flows well.  Enjoy this one. It will open your eyes.

     I didn't find any issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it hit on many things I've dealt with and took courage to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment