Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Emerald Tablet: Legends of Amun Ra #1 by Joshua Silverman

     Seven thousand years ago they lived on Earth.  Egyptians were sent to Potara.  The legend  of the Emerald Tablet was told far and wide.  Two boys marked with the symbol would fight to determine Toth's future. 

     Modern day and Leoros is stuck in Egypt.  His mother is an NYU archaeologist. His father is a scientist.  Leoros is bored with travelling and in Egypt, he wants to go home to New York.  His mom, Camilla is looking for the Emerald Tablet. When she finds it, she gives it to Leoros.  Later that evening, the tablet begins to glow and lead Leoros to the digging site.  What happens next no one expected. Life for the three of them would change drastically.  Will they survive the changes though?

     Extremely well written and highly entertaining, this book is sure to capture your attention from  page one.  I am one who is fascinated by Egypt and all it's legends and myths. This book filled in some things I didn't know.  You'll  be thrilled with the imagination and color in this book. I do recommend it to all. This isn't one that's specifically designed for young adults. Everyone will love something about this one.

     I did find this one drags on in places.  It gets a bit long winded in spots but hang in there. The over all book is terrific.

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the dragging and long winded parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment