Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Throwaway by Heather Huffman

     Jessica's been a working girl since she was eighteen. It wasn't by choice either.  After being discharged from the foster care system and given very little money, she had to do something.  She met Spence about this time.  The man who would become her pimp for the next several years.  At thirty-two, Jessie just wanted to be happy and live normally.  She never thought it possible until she met Gabe.
     Gabe is a good cop. He's worked hard to get where he is.  However, when he meets his new assignment, he falls hard.  He couldn't wait to be close to her and talk to her.  Gabe knew she was the woman he wanted to spend life with.  The only problem was how to get her away from her pimp.  Just as he's trying to figure this all out, the military calls and he is shipped to Afghanistan.  He says he'll find Jessie wherever she is. Can she believe in him?

    Ms. Huffman wrote a solid book in this one.  Characters with life and issues make it even more believable.  I was swept along as I read this book.  I felt like I'd known these people for years instead of a few moments. They felt three dimensional.  I love a book that can bring me to tears and make me laugh.  I feel as though it's a credit to the author's abilities. You will do both with this one.  A subject matter many would shy away from, Ms. Huffman embraced and gave us a look at the other side.  Well done Ms. Huffman.! I can't wait to read more of your work.

     I found no issues with this one, other than wanting it to go on and on. *smile*

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because I've read it 3 more times since. 
   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment