Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

December Wedding by Emelle Gamble

     It's nearing Christmas and Molly Harper's life is as busy as ever.  She's hosting her brother's wedding, doing interviews and trying to get ready for her baby. A stars life is always full.  Cruz, her boyfriend, isn't thrilled with all the extra things Molly has taken on. He fears she's pushing herself to hard and it will affect the baby's health.  To top it all off, an entertainment newswoman is trying to make a name for herself using Molly's history.  Molly is stressed but she tells Cruz she can handle it.  If they can just make it to Taos.

     I enjoyed this book very much. The characters are well defined.  I was impressed with the idea a couple could work so hard and so long to be together.  I liked the inside look at what stars go through on a daily basis.  I wanted Cruz and Molly to be happy and their family together always.  

     I did find issues.  This is really a fluff piece. There is no wow to it. No punch to make you want to keep reading.  I felt this book could not be a stand alone because unless you have the background of the couple, you really have no idea what's going on.  All the secrets are laid on the table right away, so no help there to make it more interesting.  The overall writing is good but could be better.  This is a struggling couple. There should have been at least one more huge event before we put the happily ever after on it. 

     I gave this book 3 cheers out of 5 because it seemed lackluster. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Good to know about this book. I liked the hard dedication of the women and the support of her man. Few months ago one book was published and its release party was held at one of New York Event Venues. I attended it and had good time.

    ReplyDelete