Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Dangerous Curves: The Ultimate Curvy Collection by Skye Eagleday

      Loving A Wounded Soldier, How Bad Can A Cowboy Be, Dominatrix and Her Cowboy, Loved By The Cowboy, Handyman Loving, Messing With The Missionary Man and Romancing the Wolf are the books included in this selection.  The theme throughout is sex with a sexy man.  This is an erotic book.  You'll enjoy the fact the women are curvy, not stick thin.  

     I liked the curvy woman aspect of this collection.  I felt it was about time someone was celebrating the curves.  Each story is sexy and erotic.  The writing is good. Not great, but good.  

     I found lots of issues.   The introduction to this collection is complete overkill.  It struck me as someone telling me the most intimate details of their life and we'd just met.  One of the other things about the introduction I didn't like was the heavy handed way the author brought her Native American ancestry in.  I'm Native American too, but I don't use it as a crutch as this author did.  The book excerpts are too long.  There's no clear way of telling when you've started the first story. Everything is run together.   As I said, the writing is good but can be better.  Character development also needs work.  If you're looking for a book filled with erotic scenes, then this might be for you.  If you're looking for a book with actual story lines, keep moving, these don't really have that.

     I gave this one 2 cheers out of 5 because it needs  so much work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment