Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Beyond The Gloaming by Brendan Murphy

     1973 and Sebastian's life is a nightmare. He's savagely  abused by his parents.  His brother is dead and Sebastian is bullied at school. Not knowing how to deal with it all, Sebastian begins to steal from his friends. It's gotten to the point Sebastian can't tell reality from fantasy. After one particularly savage beating, Sebastian finds himself entering a new world. It's where ghosts live and was designed by Celtic dreams. Will Sebastian find his place here?

     This book has a fanciful and fairy tale like setting and includes mythical beasts. Well written and the characters well defined, you'll enjoy this one.  It gives you an opportunity to see what the "other side" would look like. This book never gives your imagination a break. You'll be caught up in Sebastian's story just as I was. Parts of it will tug at your heart but for the most part you will be imagining yourself there with Sebastian.

     I did find one issue. To me the book seemed to long. There is so much going on, this could have easily been two books.

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because I did enjoy the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment