Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, July 4, 2016

A Perfect Wife (Sami Saxton, #4) by Douglas Wickard

    Jeanette is alone and scared. Smitty's gone and her family aren't helping her. She has to think of what is best for her daughter.  Kelly has had enough of Hutch. She isn't sure how to tell him her plans though. Drew's life has suddenly gone down the tubes. It's as though everyone is dealing with major life changes. The question is, who will survive the changes?

     This book has an acceptable plot and great characters. It's an okay book. I think those who've read Mr. Wickard's previous work will enjoy this one. 

     There are issues. First, this is a good book, it starts well, then seems to lose steam. It becomes very routine. Second, it is missing the Wickard pizzazz of his early works. It's as though someone said, hey we need to tie up all the loose ends from the previous books. This is the end result.  Mr. Wickard's previous books were exciting and full of drama. They kept you glued to your seat. This one not so much.

     I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 only because I am a Sami Saxton fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment